Friday, April 23, 2010

A child can often say it better than an adult


This poem was recently sent to me by a friend. It was written by Dylan Coldiron, a fifth grader who recently lost a very dear friend to pancreatic cancer. Dylan had to write a poem for school about something he would like to change about the world we live in.


A change to better our world: Cure Cancer

Cancer is something that dogs, cats, and people have had,
it is something that makes people really, really sad,
it makes you weak it makes you down,
and this makes me upset to see people frown,
lots of times people who have it will die,
it is something that makes tough people cry,
it is not funny, its horrific and true,
I don’t want to see it, it makes me blue,
there’s not anything you can do because it happens so fast,
it takes people from the present and puts them in the past,
my wish to help the world is to make cancer go away
so that people stop dying from cancer today
I wish that I could find a cure to make them all healthy,
so they can drive, breathe, sing, and maybe get wealthy,
If I found a cure it would make me smile and be glad,
But it can’t take back the time that we could’ve had.


No comments:

Post a Comment