Friday, February 24, 2012

Giving up the guilt

Today, I am giving up the guilt of taking the afternoon off from work. Usually, I feel guility if I am not here by 7:00 a.m. and feel even worse if I leave before 5 p.m. On Wednesdays, I am running out of the door at 4 p.m. because I am on duty at the rescue squad but then spend all of the time that we are in the station on my lap top catching up on work.

However, for today, I am absolving myself myself from the guilt and leaving early. Thanks to global warming or a freaky winter or what ever reason you choose to believe, my allergies have started taking their toll earlier than usual and I would just like to have a love affair with a few benedryl and my pillow. And, with our departure date looming large, I have a few errands that need to be taken care of before leaving for Ireland.

So - for 4 hours today I am givng up the guilty of not being at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment